The Short Farm Project: Supporting Community Resilience & Prosperity
October 18, 2023 – 5:30 – 7:00 pm
Tri-Area Community Center, 10 West Valley Road, Chimacum, WA 98325
Brief Port Staff Presentation on the Upcoming Short Farm Planning Process and Opportunities for Public Participation @ 6:00 pm
Specific topics will include:
- Status of Property Acquisition & Next Steps
- Planning Objectives Adopted by the Port Commission
- Overview of the Upcoming Process & How to be Involved
- Farm Steering Committee (FSC) – Application & Appointment Process
- Role of UW Graduate Students to Help Support the FSC
This informal meeting with Port staff will be held in-person at the Tri-Area Community Center. There will also be meeting access via Zoom or phone. Although this meeting is an informal Open House, it has also been noticed as a Commission Special Meeting, as a quorum of the Port Commission is expected to attend and observe.
Please join us to learn about the Short Farm Planning Process. The meeting will provide an opportunity for Port staff outline the overall objectives of the effort, and the process and schedule for developing the Plan. Staff will also explain how you can apply to serve on the Farm Steering Committee or voice your views and concerns during the process. Application deadline is November 10, 2023.