Applying for Employment
Join the dynamic team at the Port of Port Townsend! The Port of Port Townsend employs a highly professional work force, and posts job opening announcements on this site and with the Port Townsend Leader and Peninsula Daily News. Applications are accepted when there is a vacant position. If you would like to apply for an advertised job opening, please follow the steps in the job announcement.
Herb Beck Marina, Quilcene: Marina Host (Live-Aboard) Opportunity
Position Status: Open
Position Summary: The Port of Port Townsend is seeking applications for a volunteer Marina Host that would live-aboard their vessel in the Herb Beck Marina, in Quilcene, Washington.
Description: The Herb Beck Marina is situated on the beautiful shores of Quilcene Bay, an unusually pristine and scenic pocket of the Salish Sea near the north end of Hood Canal. It is only minutes from US Highway 101 and is a perfect location for travelers looking for a spot to go fishing, sailing, swimming, hiking in Olympic National Park and Forest, or to explore the friendly small-town atmosphere of Quilcene. Located at the end of Linger Longer Road, the marina has 51-slips (both permanent and guest moorage) as well as a popular boat launch ramp. The adjacent uplands feature a public restroom (with showers), a marina office, kayak rentals, and parking.
- Hosts must be at least 21 years old and are required to pass a criminal background check.
- Hosts must provide their own vessel suitable for living aboard (i.e., marine head with holding tank, fire extinguisher, meets USCG requirements for recreational boats), current vessel registration and proof of insurance.
- Hosts are expected to perform a minimum of 10 hours of service a week and are expected to work 5 days a week including weekends, with 2 days off.
- Hosts should possess sufficient physical ability and mobility to perform heavy and light labor, occasionally lifting and/or moving objects up to 35 pounds.
- Hosts should enjoy working with the public, have the desire to accept new challenges.
- Host is expected to be available and onsite 5 days per week, Thursday through Monday, from 4:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., with Tuesday and Wednesday off.
Host Duties: The Marina Host will support facility operations by providing excellent customer service to Port patrons while assisting the Port’s Quilcene Facility Attendant with general maintenance. Routine duties include:
- Assisting with vessel check ins.
- Answering visitor questions in an attentive and respectful manner.
- Alerting boaters of weather conditions.
- Informing visitors of unique areas to explore.
- Conducting dock-walks to identify and report maintenance issues.
- Monitoring public restroom facilities.
- Picking up litter.
- Observing and reporting after-hours issues as necessary and stocking restroom supplies as needed.
The Port is offering free live-aboard moorage in the marina, including power (20/30 amp), water, pump-out station, and garbage. We request a minimum six-month commitment.
Background check is required.
All interested candidates must submit a letter of interest, application and resume.
To apply, please contact Port Human Resources at email@example.com, or call 360-379-5217.
The Port is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Port of Port Townsend is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT: