Boat Haven Marina
The very best recreation and boat maintenance choice in the Puget Sound region.
The Boat Haven Marina is located on the northeast corner of the Olympic Peninsula in historic Port Townsend, on the primary route to the San Juan Islands. Home to many of the best boat building and maintaining craftsmen and women in the world, the festival-filled Victorian seaport of Port Townsend and our facilities combine to make the Port of Port Townsend the very best recreation and boat maintenance choice in the Puget Sound region.
The Boat Haven Marina is a modern, full service marina with an abundant supply of guest moorage. Home to 475 commercial and recreational vessels and more than sixty marine trades businesses, the Boat Haven Marina provides more than 6,000 overnight guest moorage accommodations for visiting boats every year. (Maximum vessel length is 100′.)
48° 6.389′ N, 122° 46.257′ W
For Your Safety:
- The Boat Haven Marina & Boat Yard office are not open to public access, except through the customer walk-up window at the back of the building.
- Vessel haul-outs and yard tenancy agreements may be arranged by phone/email by calling 360-385-6211 during business hours (Mon-Sat: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
- Guest registration and payments may be made by using the kiosk or iron ranger located by the boat ramp.
- 2023 Tides for Port Townsend, downloadable .pdf from NOAA
Boat Haven Moorage & Yard Office
2790 Washington Street
PO Box 1180
Port Townsend, WA 98368
p: (360) 385-2355 or (800) 228-2803
Currently open 7 days a week, 8:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Jefferson County is home to the Northwest School of Wooden Boatbuilding, (located in Port Hadlock) and a favorite destination for a wide variety of festivals. Come shop in Port Townsend’s historic districts, participate in the events of the world-famous Wooden Boat Foundation, or just enjoy a quiet vacation or weekend.
Fuel available at The Fish’n Hole, located at Boat Haven Fuel Dock:
7 days/week: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wifi: North Olympic Wireless 360-385-4686 (for a fee)
Laundromat: 7:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
The Boat Haven is located just to the west of the main part of downtown Port Townsend, on the north shore of Port Townsend Bay, just over a mile from Point Hudson. The entrance is at the southeast corner of the marina. Pass the Coast Guard station and tie up on the west side of the fuel/registration dock.
For slip assignment, check in at the moorage office as soon as you arrive. The office is in the tan building across from C Dock.
If Port Townsend is your first stop when traveling from Canada or another nation, you are required to clear U.S. Customs as soon as you arrive. Business hours are 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Please call 360-385-3777 during business hours to coordinate your arrival with a Customs Officer. NOTE: Private vessels require an appointment scheduled prior to arrival for clearance in Port Townsend. Private vessels report ONLY during business hours from 8:00 AM through 4:00 PM, Monday-Friday in Port Townsend. If arriving outside of business hours please call prior to your arrival at 800-562-5943.
Electricity and water are supplied to the floats. The fuel dock has gasoline, diesel, stove oil, and a waste pump-out station. Other facilities include showers, laundry, a launch ramp, dump station, upland storage, covered storage, and travel lifts of up to 300 tons capacity. Marine parts, charts, and supplies are available from the in-port marine trades businesses. Lodging, restaurants, and grocery stores are located within easy walking distance of the marina. The Boat Haven is also on Jefferson County Transit bus routes to Port Townsend and surrounding towns.
- Boat Haven Moorage office phones: 800-228-2803 / 360-385-2355 / 360-385-9560 (fax)
- Boat Haven Moorage email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Moorage office hours: Varies depending on season
- Radio: Boat Haven monitors VHF Channel 66A
- Total Slips: 375
- Slip sizes: 25-50 feet
- Largest boat length: 100 feet
- Transient moorage slots: Varies as slips become available
- Transient moorage availability: First come, first served
- Fuel Dock: 360-385-7031 / Ethanol-free Unleaded and Regular Diesel sold here
- Port Townsend Tides – Click here for NOAA Tides & Currents
Annual published tide tables are also linked on that page.