Project Description and Need
These restrooms were originally constructed in the mid-1980s and have sustained consistent and heavy public use. Port Maintenance Staff has estimated that approximately 53,000 showers are taken annually at this facility. Black mold has been identified, and was addressed temporarily (i.e., through a chlorine treatment) in 2014. The facility requires complete renovation in order to maintain existing levels of service for Port users.
Anticipated changes to the existing facility will include:
- Reconfiguration of the existing floor plan in the existing laundry room area to include one unisex bathroom.
- Partial replacement of fixtures and wall & ceiling paneling.
- Removal of skylights and reconfiguration/replacement of lighting.
- Replacement of the HVAC system and, if possible, relocation of key maintenance figures to the mechanical room. The HVAC component of this project is critical to its success.
- Replacement system or components must adequately control humidity. HVAC system components must be made more readily accessible for maintenance and repair.
- Replacement of exterior building protection (bollards) with another type of protection to be determined.
July 18, 2017 – Project Open House
The Project Open House hosted by the Port offered attendees an opportunity to view elevations and floor plans for the Boat Haven Restroom and Laundry Room Renovation, check out the proposed schedule, ask questions, and offer comments and suggestions. If you were not able to attend, you can still check out the renderings, and proposed schedule. The questionnaire which was available from July 18 through August 22 is now closed. Thank you to all who attended!